You don't actually have to do this quiz, although you can ;-)
Simply read the email straight through, and you'll get the point!
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world?
2. Name the last five Booker prize winners?
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss UK contest?
4. Name Ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize?
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress?
6. Name the last decade's worth of World champions in your favourite sport?
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. They have the most of what you may seem to want, wealth, money, beauty, intelligence, influence, creativity, talent.
But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Money is spent. Health replaces wealth...physical (PQ), mental (IQ), emotional (EQ) and spiritual (SQ).
Accolades, certificates, are buried with their owners and you cannot take 'materials' with you.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one?
1. Name a key teacher who aided your journey through school?
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time?
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile?
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special?
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with?
6. Name half a dozen 'heroes' whose stories/lives have inspired you?
Lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who both care for and forgive you the most.
One could also say, that the ones who love you most are the ones who have forgiven you most - as you moved from young to older, dependent to interdependent (not independent) and clever (knowing the answers) to wise (knowing the questions).
Why not send this on to a few on your list above, those people who have made a difference in your life with only two words in the subject line - "Thank You."
A Moodscope member.
Login or Sign Up to Comment and Read Comments