The blog by Jay Harrington of Life and Whim offered 10 ways to live a happy life. The original version is here: http://bit.ly/lifeandwhim
This abbreviated version is bound to give you an idea or two on how to give your happiness a Spring perk! Would you please let the list stimulate your own tips to share in the comments.
1. Tiny changes in your routine – get 30 minutes more sleep, join that exercise class, enjoy nature.
2. Books, books, books! Life-long learners live longer lives – or so we've learned!
3. Get into your flow both in your professional activities and your personal relationships – harmony of task and team works like a dream.
4. Say 'Thank You!' Send that card. Visit that old friend. Keep a jar of blessings (as we've heard about here on Moodscope).
5. You're winning when you're grinning – even when you don't feel like it. Putting a grin on your chin tricks the brain into a happier state.
6. Collect 'moments of truth' – small experiences to treasure – like the blackbird who sings his heart out, the bluebells, the sunrise.
7. Be kind – focus on other people, other causes, other solutions – it's like a love potion.
8. Go for experiences not 'stuff' – the immaterial has a bigger emotional impact than cluttering your life with what the marketing world says you need.
9. Say 'No!' to comparisons – not with any other person or anyone else's standards.
10. Commit to your tribe – a small, intimate group you can trust – and nurture those connections.
How about that for a 'Count to Ten and Win'? Can't wait to hear your suggestions!
A Moodscope member.
Login or Sign Up to Comment and Read Comments